Thursday, 14 July 2016

blind destiny

maudlin morning
dark clouds surround
the circumference
of my brain -- destiny
spits in my face once
again to render
worthless
emotions
desperate 
to be uplifted

i couldn't take
it anymore -- i must write
express the mood
express the disdain
for not being able
to express frustration

so, i'd decided
to play a game
with myself
i simply closed
my eyes -- flipped
to a page in my candy
giant cheqy sweettarts
candy warehoure 
list where i couldn't
see my choice 
pressed below 
my index finger 
until after i'd opened 
my eyes

thought i would
play a blind version
of where's waldo
instead of waldo
though --  i was in search
of which candy
i would select today
and you know
what? no word of a lie
it landed on my utmost
favourite candy

GIANT 
CHEWY 
SWEETTARTS

manifestation
of that confection
fills my heart
with such joy
as it emits one word
we always need
to feel

h
o
p
e