Saturday, 2 July 2016

deep fried mars

photograph credit, english tea store 
“and you 
-- not the you
from now -- the you
from when you were
only a vague
vision through
my third
optic

the you
who would
be the only being
to accept me for me
--  broken brain
faults and all  
one who regardless 
-- no matter how insane
would stand by my side

that was the night
i ordered the deep fried
mars bar -- with my first
delectable bite i knew
i had to scribe 
you a letter

-- you know me
how much i live
to write -- i'd finally
sorted the words
i'd sought after
that delirious
first bite  

i couldn't believe
anything would taste
so ridiculously
yummy

finally -- i was able
to permit  
my ink to flow 
upon an ivory 
handmade 
parchment
you'll probably
never read

to my dearest
future husband...
i had no idea
of who you were
but wanted to reach out
just the same
yes -- i do realize 
it sounds -- completely insane
to address this man 
who will be such a large
part of my future
but not part 
of my present 

nevertheless
my heart
ached for you
not a superficial yearn
but one that gained
in strength from
my core

and yes -- i also know 
it's quite the heavy thought 
to be paired with a deep 
fried mars bar 
and half litre of blush 
wine that was ordered 
not only for whimsy
but love 
of chocolate
which filled 
the gaps
while

i
waited
for
you
to
finally
enter
my

l
i
f
e”