Thursday, 4 August 2016

kindred

I realise that 366 poems twelve artists ended on June 30, 2016 but... When I expressed my love for this gorgeous painting by Christy Sverre, she offered to send it to me so that I can write a poem based on this colour blush piece. Well, let's put it this way for all you Godfather fans out there.. she made me an offer I could not refuse... And, I did not hesitate to take her up on it... I present to you below kindred inspired by one of Christy's daily sketches... For more information on Christy and her fabulous art check her out here!

Christy, thank you for trusting me with your work! xo 

Christy Sverre

kindred

colours
brilliant
lush hues
to open ones
closed heart
capacity
for love
of all colours
becomes
an utter
delight
inside
the soul
of one
who
captures
lucid
dreams
within
a picture
that could
only ever
be imagined
by a kindred
soul